The Vermont Statutes Online
Executive Order No. 3-80 (No. 08-17) [Transfer of Property in Windsor from BGS to DFW]
WHEREAS, certain State-owned land commonly known as the Windsor Prison Farm located in the Town of Windsor, County of Windsor, herein “the ‘Property,’ ” is presently under the jurisdiction and control of the Agency of Administration, Department of Buildings and General Services (BGS); and
WHEREAS, BGS has no further use for the Property; and
WHEREAS, the Agency of Natural Resources, Department of Fish and Wildlife (DFW), desires the use of the Property for its purposes; and
WHEREAS, upon execution of the property transfer, DFW will be responsible for the maintenance costs, security, heating costs, electrical costs, snow removal, grounds maintenance, overall conditions. Payments in Lieu of Taxes, State historic preservation requirements and all other costs associated with the administration, ownership and management of the Property.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Philip B. Scott, by virtue of the power vested in me as Governor of the State of Vermont, do hereby transfer and set over to DFW for its purposes, from the jurisdiction and control of BGS, the following land and premises, to wit:
Being collectively all the lands and premises conveyed to the State of Vermont by the following:
(1) quit claim deed of Joseph C. Parker et al. on December 22, 1894, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 30, Pages 403-404;
(2) warranty deed of Arthur W. Hunter and Julia E. Hunter on January 10, 1916, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 34, Page 83;
(3) warranty deed of William Dana on March 31, 1927, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 39, Page 46;
(4) quit claim deed of Lyman W. Cook on August 1, 1927, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 39, Page 280;
(5) warranty deed of Harvey F. Chase and Harriet Chase on September 30, 1927, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 39, Page 84;
(6) quit claim deed of William J. Herman et al. on November 25, 1927, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 39, Pages 521-523; and
(7) warranty deed of George B. Spence and Nellie S. Spence on November 6, 1935, which is recorded in the Windsor land records at Volume 47, Page 38.
Excepting from the above those lands and premises, comprising approximately 118.57 acres and including all buildings, appurtenances and improvements thereon, to be retained by BGS as designated in the attached survey plat entitled “State Prison Farm at Windsor” prepared by Robert W. Farnsworth and dated October 7, 2016.
This Executive Order supersedes and replaces Executive Order 08-15 (codified as 3-70). This Executive Order shall take effect upon execution.
Dated March 13, 2017