The Vermont Statutes Online
Executive Order No. 3-2
WHEREAS, by the terms of No. 74 of the Acts of 1971, authority was granted to the Governor to make changes in the organization of the administrative districts of the State; and
WHEREAS, such changes are to be proposed by executive order and submitted to both houses of the General Assembly for consideration;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Deane C. Davis, by virtue of the authority in me vested as Governor, and considering certain changes to be necessary for efficient administration, do hereby propose:
1. That paragraph (1) of chapter 65, Title 3, Vermont Statutes Annotated, § 4001, be amended as follows:
(1) District 1: Benson, Brandon, Castleton, Chittenden, Clarendon, Danby, Fair Haven, Hubbardton, Ira, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mt. Holly, Mt. Tabor, Pawlet, Pittsford, Poultney, Proctor, Rutland City, Rutland Town, Sherburne, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Tinmouth, Wallingford, Wells, West Haven, and West Rutland.
2. That the following paragraph (8) be added to § 4001 of chapter 65, Title 3, Vermont Statutes Annotated:
(8) District 8: Arlington, Bennington, Dorset, Glastenbury, Landgrove, Manchester, Peru, Pownal, Rupert, Sandgate, Shaftsbury, Stamford, Sunderland, and Woodford.
3. The district offices designated under § 4002, shall be amended as follows:
(1) District 1: Rutland City
(2) District 2: Brattleboro and Springfield
(3) District 3: Hartford
(4) District 4: Burlington City and Middlebury
(5) District 5: Barre City and Morristown
(6) District 6: St. Albans City
(7) District 7: St. Johnsbury and Newport
(8) District 8: Bennington
4. The designation of sub-district offices under § 4003 shall be eliminated.
Dated January 12, 1972.