The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
§ 3302. Appointment of Secretary; powers and duties
(a) The Governor, with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint the Secretary of Digital Services who shall be the Chief Information Officer of the State. The Secretary shall appoint a deputy secretary who shall serve at the pleasure of the Secretary.
(b) The Secretary shall serve as the administrative head of the Agency of Digital Services, and shall have the following responsibilities:
(1) coordinate and optimize the use of technology within State government;
(2) approve, in consultation with the Agency of Administration, State government information technology contracts and procurement activity;
(3) review and approve State government information technology and cybersecurity policies;
(4) approve State government information technology recruitment and classification of employees; and
(5) supervise all information technology employees and contractors in State government. (Added 2019, No. 49, § 5, eff. June 10, 2019.)