The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : Commissioners and Directors(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 2853)
§ 2853. Permissive duties; approval of Secretary
The commissioner with the approval of the Secretary, may:
(1) Transfer appropriations or parts thereof within or between divisions and branches, consistent with the purposes for which the appropriations were made.
(2) Transfer classified positions within or between divisions subject only to State personnel laws and regulations.
(3) Cooperate with the appropriate federal agencies and administer federal funds in support of programs within the department.
(4) Submit plans and reports, and in other respects comply with federal law and regulations which pertain to programs administered by the department.
(5) Make regulations consistent with law for the internal administration of the department and its programs.
(6) Appoint a deputy commissioner. The provisions of subsections 253(d) and (e) of this title shall apply.
(7) Create such advisory councils or committees as he or she deems necessary within the department, and appoint their members, for a term not exceeding his or hers.
(8) Provide training and instruction for any employees of the department, at the expense of the department, in educational institutions or other places.
(9) Organize, reorganize, transfer, or abolish divisions, staff functions, or sections within the department. This authority shall not extend to divisions or other bodies created by law. (Added 1969, No. 246 (Adj. Sess.), § 5(d), eff. June 1, 1970.)