The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : Generally(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 2801)
§ 2801. Definitions
In this chapter the following words mean:
(1) Agency: The Agency of Natural Resources.
(2) Department: A major component of the Agency.
(3) Director: The head of a division or branch of the Agency.
(4) Division: A major component of a department or a technical or administrative support component of the Agency.
(5) Commissioner: The head of a department responsible to the Secretary for the administration of the department.
(6) Secretary: The head of the Agency, a member of the Governor's Cabinet and responsible to the Governor for the administration of the Agency. (Added 1969, No. 246 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. June 1, 1970; amended 1979, No. 159 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 1987, No. 76, § 13.)