The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 003 : Commissioners and Directors(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 2453)
§ 2453. Permissive duties; approval of Secretary
The commissioner may, with the approval of the Secretary:
(1) Transfer appropriations or parts thereof within or between divisions and branches, consistent with the purposes for which the appropriation was made.
(2) Transfer classified positions within or between divisions subject only to State personnel laws and regulations.
(3) Cooperate with the appropriate federal agencies and administer federal funds in support of programs within the department.
(4) Submit plans and reports, and in other respects comply with federal law and regulations which pertain to programs administered by the department.
(5) Make regulations consistent with law for the internal administration of the department and its programs.
(6) Appoint a deputy commissioner.
(7) Create such advisory councils or committees as he or she deems necessary within the department, and appoint their members, for a term not exceeding his or hers.
(8) Provide training and instruction for any employees of the department, at the expense of the department, in educational institutions or other places.
(9) Organize, reorganize, transfer, or abolish divisions, staff function sections within the department. This authority shall not extend to divisions or other bodies created by law. (Added 1969, No. 271 (Adj. Sess.), § 5(d), eff. Jan. 10, 1971.)