The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 001 : GENERALLY(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 2401)
§ 2401. Definitions
In this chapter the following words mean:
(1) Agency: The Agency of Commerce and Community Development.
(2) Department: A major component of the Agency.
(3) Director: The head of a division of the Agency.
(4) Division: A major component of a department engaged in furnishing services to the public or to units of government at levels other than the State level.
(5) Commissioner: The head of a department responsible to the Secretary for the administration of the department.
(6) Secretary: The head of the Agency, a member of the Governor's cabinet and responsible to the Governor for the administration of the Agency. (1969, No. 271 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 10, 1971; amended 1995, No. 190 (Adj. Sess.), § 1(a).)