The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005 : CHIEF PERFORMANCE OFFICER(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 2311)
§ 2311. Chief Performance Officer; annual State Outcomes Report
(1) Annually, on or before September 30, the Chief Performance Officer within the Agency of Administration shall submit to the General Assembly a State Outcomes Report demonstrating the State's progress in reaching the population-level outcomes for each area of Vermont's quality of life set forth in subsection (b) of this section by providing data for the population-level indicators that are approved pursuant to the process set forth in subsection (c) of this section.
(2) Vermont's population-level quality of life outcomes are intended to reflect the well-being of all Vermonters, and indicators reported to measure the extent to which outcomes are achieved are intended to represent the experience of all Vermonters, including and especially Vermonters who are members of marginalized groups.
(b) Vermont population-level quality of life outcomes.
(1) Vermont has a prosperous economy.
(2) Vermonters are healthy.
(3) Vermont's environment is clean and sustainable.
(4) Vermont is a safe place to live.
(5) Vermont's families are safe, nurturing, stable, and supported.
(6) Vermont's children and young people achieve their potential.
(7) Vermont's elders live with dignity and in settings they prefer.
(8) Vermonters with disabilities live with dignity and in settings they prefer.
(9) Vermont has open, effective, and inclusive government.
(10) Vermont's State infrastructure meets the needs of Vermonters, the economy, and the environment.
(c) Approving population-level indicators.
(1) Annually, on or before March 1, a standing committee of the General Assembly having jurisdiction over a population-level quality of life outcome set forth in subsection (b) of this section or the Chief Performance Officer may submit to the Government Accountability Committee a request that any population-level indicator related to that outcome be revised.
(2) If that request is approved by the Government Accountability Committee, the Chief Performance Officer shall revise and report on the population-level indicator in accordance with that approval and this section.
(d) The report set forth in this section shall not be subject to the limitation on the duration of agency reports set forth in 2 V.S.A. § 20(d). (Added 2013, No. 186 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. June 11, 2014; amended 2015, No. 124 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. May 23, 2016; 2017, No. 6, § 2, eff. March 29, 2017; 2019, No. 166 (Adj. Sess.), § 18, eff. Oct. 1, 2020.)