The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 001 : General Provisions(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 1013)
§ 1013. Subjects for bargaining
All matters relating to the relationship between the employer and employees are subject to collective bargaining, to the extent those matters are not prescribed or controlled by law, including:
(1) wages, salaries, benefits, and reimbursement practices relating to necessary expenses and the limits of reimbursable expenses;
(2) minimum hours per week;
(3) working conditions;
(4) overtime compensation and related matters;
(5) leave compensation and related matters;
(6) reduction-in-force procedures;
(7) grievance procedures;
(8) terms of coverage and amount of employee financial participation in insurance programs;
(9) rules for personnel administration of employees provided the rules are not discriminatory in regard to an applicant’s race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, or disability;
(10) the manner in which to enforce an employee’s obligation to pay the collective bargaining service fee. (Added 1997, No. 92 (Adj. Sess.), § 9; amended 2007, No. 41, § 5; 2013, No. 37, § 8.)