The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : RULEMAKING; PROCEDURES; GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 843)
§ 843. Filing of adopted rules
(a) An adopting authority may adopt a properly filed final proposed rule after:
(1) The passage of 45 days after filing of a final proposal under section 841 of this title, provided the agency has not received notice of objection from the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules;
(2) Receiving notice of approval from the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules; or
(3) Responding to an objection of the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules under section 842 of this title. After responding to such an objection, an agency may adopt the rule without change or may make a germane change in accordance with subsection (b) of this section.
(b) The text of the adopted rule shall be the same as the text of the final proposed rule submitted under section 841, except that any germane change may be made by the agency in response to an objection or expressed concern of the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules.
(c) Adoption shall be complete upon proper filing with the Secretary of State and with the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules. An agency shall have eight months from the date of initial filing with the Secretary of State to adopt a rule unless extended by action or request of the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules. The Secretary of State shall refuse to accept a final filing after that date, except that:
(1) Within 30 days after discovering that the text of a final adopted rule deviates from the text of a final proposed rule as approved by the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules, an agency shall correct the adopted rule to conform to the final proposed rule as so approved and shall refile the adopted rule in the manner set forth in this section, along with documentation demonstrating that the refiled adopted rule conforms to the final proposed rule as approved.
(2) An agency may refile a final adopted rule in the manner set forth in this section solely for the purpose of correcting one or more typographic errors that do not change the substance or effect of the rule.
(d) Adopted rules filed shall include:
(1) A cover sheet on a form prepared by the Secretary of State containing at least the following information:
(A) the name of the agency;
(B) the title or subject of the rule;
(C) a brief summary of any changes made since the filing of the final proposed rule, including any changes in expected economic impact;
(D) a summary of the dates on which the agency complied with the procedural requirements of this chapter; and
(E) a signed and dated statement by the adopting authority that the procedural requirements of this chapter have been met and that the adopting authority approves of the contents of the filing; and
(2) An adopting page as required by section 838 of this title; and
(3) The text of the rule.
(e) After adopting a rule, the agency shall create a file containing all papers used or created in that action. The file shall be retained for at least one year. (Added 1981, No. 82, § 6; amended 1983, No. 202 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. April 26, 1984; 1999, No. 9, § 2, eff. May 4, 1999; 2017, No. 156 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; 2019, No. 12, § 1, eff. April 30, 2019.)