The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 3 V.S.A. § 800)
§ 800. Purpose
The General Assembly intends that:
(1) Agencies maximize the involvement of the public in the development of rules.
(2) Agency inclusion of public participation in the rulemaking process should be consistent.
(3) Agencies write rules so that they are clear and accessible to the public.
(4) When an agency adopts rules, it subjects the rules to thorough regulatory analysis.
(5) The General Assembly should articulate, as clearly as possible, the intent of any legislation that delegates rulemaking authority.
(6) When an agency adopts policy, procedures, or guidance, it shall not do so to supplant or avoid the adoption of rules. (Added 1999, No. 146 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; amended 2017, No. 156 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)