The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
§ 501. Creation of Committee; purpose
(a) There is created a Joint Fiscal Committee whose membership shall be appointed at the beginning of each biennial session of the General Assembly. The Committee shall consist of five Representatives and five Senators as follows:
(1) The Chair of the House Committee on Appropriations;
(2) The Chair of the House Committee on Ways and Means;
(3) The Chair of the Senate Committee on Appropriations;
(4) The Chair of the Senate Committee on Finance;
(5) Two members of the House, one from each major political party, appointed by the Speaker of the House;
(6) Two members of the Senate, one from each major political party, appointed by the Committee on Committees; and
(7) One member of the Senate to be appointed by the Committee on Committees and one member of the House to be appointed by the Speaker.
(b) The Committee shall elect a chair, vice chair, and clerk and shall adopt rules of procedure. The Committee may meet at any time at the call of the Chair or a majority of the members of the Committee. A majority of the membership shall constitute a quorum.
(c) For attendance at a meeting when the General Assembly is not in session, members of the Joint Fiscal Committee shall be entitled to the same per diem compensation and reimbursement for actual and necessary expenses as provided members of standing committees under section 406 of this title. (Added 1973, No. 128 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 24, 1974; amended 1977, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 202; 1983, No. 88, § 12, eff. July 3, 1983; 1997, No. 61, § 273.)