The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : JOINT FISCAL COMMITTEE(Cite as: 2 V.S.A. § 501)
§ 501. Creation of Committee; purpose
(a) There is created a Joint Fiscal Committee whose membership shall be appointed on or before January 15 of each biennial session of the General Assembly. The Committee shall consist of five Representatives and five Senators as follows:
(1) the Chair of the House Committee on Appropriations;
(2) the Chair of the House Committee on Ways and Means;
(3) the Chair of the Senate Committee on Appropriations;
(4) the Chair of the Senate Committee on Finance;
(5) two members of the House, not both from the same political party, appointed by the Speaker of the House;
(6) two members of the Senate, not both from the same political party, appointed by the Committee on Committees; and
(7) one member of the Senate to be appointed by the Committee on Committees and one member of the House to be appointed by the Speaker.
(b) The Joint Fiscal Committee shall meet immediately following the appointment of its membership to organize and conduct its business. The Committee shall elect a chair, vice chair, and clerk and shall adopt rules of procedure. The Committee may meet at any time at the call of the Chair or a majority of the members of the Committee. A majority of the membership shall constitute a quorum.
(c) For attendance at a meeting when the General Assembly is not in session, members of the Joint Fiscal Committee shall be entitled to the same per diem compensation and reimbursement for actual and necessary expenses as provided members of standing committees under section 23 of this title. (Added 1973, No. 128 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 24, 1974; amended 1977, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 202; 1983, No. 88, § 12, eff. July 3, 1983; 1997, No. 61, § 273; 2019, No. 72, § E.127, eff. June 18, 2019; 2019, No. 144 (Adj. Sess.), § 5.)