The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 691. Committee creation
There is created the legislative Health Reform Oversight Committee. The Committee shall be composed of the following eight members:
(1) the Chair of the House Committee on Appropriations;
(2) the Chair of the Senate Committee on Appropriations;
(3) the Chair of the House Committee on Ways and Means;
(4) the Chair of the Senate Committee on Finance;
(5) the Chair of the House Committee on Health Care;
(6) the Chair of the Senate Committee on Health and Welfare;
(7) the Chair of the House Committee on Human Services; and
(8) one member of the Senate appointed by the Committee on Committees. (Added 2013, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § E.306.3; amended 2017, No. 85, § E.126; 2017, No. 210 (Adj. Sess.), § 14a, eff. June 1, 2018; 2018, No. 2 (Sp. Sess.), § 13.)
§ 692. Powers and duties
(a) When the General Assembly is adjourned, the Committee shall provide legislative oversight and review of revenue collection, expenditures, and planning related to health care reform efforts in Vermont.
(b) When the General Assembly is adjourned during fiscal year 2015, the Commissioner of Vermont Health Access shall provide monthly updates regarding Vermont Health Benefit Exchange operations, enrollment data, coverage status, customer support, and Exchange website functionality.
(c) Effective on January 1, 2015, all reports previously submitted to the Health Care Oversight Committee shall be submitted to the Health Reform Oversight Committee. (Added 2013, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § E.306.3.)
§ 693. Assistance
(a) The Committee shall have the administrative, technical, and legal assistance of the Legislative Council and the Joint Fiscal Office.
(b)(1) The Secretary of Administration and other members of the Executive Branch shall report to the Committee upon request.
(2) If applicable, the Secretary shall submit an electronic report to the Joint Fiscal Office for distribution to members of the Committee that summarizes any plans or actions taken by the Executive Branch to delay health care reform project schedules as a result of:
(A) increased costs exceeding official estimates;
(C) changes in the availability of federal funding; or
(D) any other changes related to the planning for and implementation of health care reform as directed by 2011 Acts and Resolves No. 48. (Added 2013, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § E.306.3; amended 2019, No. 6, § 66, eff. April 22, 2019.)
§ 694. Meetings
(a) The Committee shall select a Chair from among its members at the first meeting of each biennium.
(b) Meetings shall be convened by the Chair and when practicable shall be held in conjunction with meetings of the Joint Fiscal Committee.
(c)(1) A majority of the members of the Committee shall be physically present at the same location to constitute a quorum.
(2) A member may vote only if physically present at the meeting location.
(3) Action shall be taken only if there is both a quorum and a majority vote of the members physically present and voting. (Added 2013, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § E.306.3.)
§ 695. Reimbursement
For attendance at meetings during adjournment of the General Assembly, members of the Committee shall be entitled to per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses pursuant to section 406 of this title for no more than six meetings. (Added 2013, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § E.306.3.)