The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 155C-2. Elected officers
(a) Except as otherwise provided by this chapter, the elected officers of the Town of Westford shall be those required for towns by State law and they shall be elected by Australian ballot.
(b) Elected officers shall perform all duties and responsibilities necessary or required to carry out the provisions of this chapter as well as those provided by State law generally.
(c) The Selectboard shall constitute the legislative body of the Town of Westford for all purposes required by statute except as otherwise herein specifically provided, and shall have all the powers and authority given to, and perform all duties required of, town legislative bodies under the laws of the State of Vermont.
(1) Organization of the Selectboard shall be done in accordance with 24 V.S.A. § 871.
(2) The Selectboard shall elect a Vice Chair at its organizational meeting.
(3) The Chair of the Selectboard shall preside at all meetings of the Selectboard. If the Chair is not present, the Vice Chair of the Selectboard shall serve as acting chair.
(4) If any member of the Selectboard fails to attend at least 70 percent of the meetings in any 12-month period or misses three consecutive meetings without the consent of the Selectboard, the Selectboard may declare the position vacant and fill it in accordance with State law.
(5) The Selectboard shall determine its own rules and orders of business not addressed by this chapter and State statute.
(6) The Selectboard may appoint or dissolve any authorities, boards, commissions, or committees created by it and under its purview as authorized by this chapter or State statute. (Added 2013, No. M-20 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. June 3, 2014.)