The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 036 : RUTLAND REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 9, § 36.03)
§ 9-36.3. Purposes
The Authority, in the exercise of the powers created and granted under section 3 of this charter, shall foster and carry out the following purposes:
(1) To enhance and promote economic opportunity within the City of Rutland.
(2) To plan for public and private improvements and development within the City of Rutland, dedicated to the promotions of industrial and commercial benefit.
(3) To create employment opportunities.
(4) To enhance the acquisitions, development, and improvement of taxable real and personal property within the City of Rutland.
(5) To promote the development, improvement, acquisition, and rehabilitations of industrial and commercial property within the City of Rutland.
(6) To foster commercial and industrial growth within the City of Rutland.
(7) To promote and support investments and improvements which will result in the elimination of slum and blight.
(8) To support and promote the development of those recreational, social, and public facilities which directly, or indirectly, create or enhance commercial or industrial activity within the City.