The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005 : POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TOWN MANAGER(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 107, § 5.01)
§ 107-5.1. General powers; duties; responsibilities of the Town Manager
Subject to the provisions of law and under the supervision of the Selectboard, the Town Manager shall have the authority:
(1) To cause duties required by law or by the Selectboard or school directors, and not committed to the care of any other particular officer, to be performed and executed.
(2) To ensure the performance of all duties now conferred by law or by this charter on the Selectboard, except where prohibited by law.
(3) To be the general purchasing agent of the Town and cause the purchase of all supplies for every department.
(4) To have charge and supervision of all public Town buildings and repairs thereon.
(5) To perform all the duties now conferred by law upon the road commissioner.
(6) To ensure that the appropriate accounting procedures are followed for all Town departments.
(7) To supervise the expenditure of all special appropriations of the Town, unless otherwise voted by the Representative Town Meeting.
(8) To control and supervise, and to be the appointing authority for, all Town departments.
(9) To ensure the collection of all taxes due the Town, including delinquent taxes as permitted by law and unless otherwise voted by the Representative Town Meeting.
(10) To perform on behalf of the School District such of the duties in this section as the school directors may request. (Amended 2003, No. M-6, § 2; 2011, No. M-10 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. April 27, 2012.)