The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 001 : ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION(Cite as: 11A V.S.A. § 10.02)
§ 10.02. Amendment by board of directors
Unless the articles of incorporation provide otherwise, a corporation’s board of directors may adopt one or more amendments to the corporation’s articles of incorporation without shareholder action:
(1) to extend the duration of the corporation if it was incorporated at a time when limited duration was required by law;
(2) to delete the names and addresses of the initial directors;
(3) to delete the name and address of the initial registered agent or registered office, if a statement of change is on file with the Secretary of State;
(4) to change each issued and unissued authorized share of an outstanding class into a greater number of whole shares if the corporation has only shares of that class outstanding;
(5) to change the corporate name by substituting the word “corporation,” “incorporated,” “company,” “limited,” or the abbreviation “corp.,” “inc.,” “co.,” or “ltd.,” for a similar word or abbreviation in the name, or by adding, deleting, or changing a geographical attribution for the name; or
(6) to make any other change expressly permitted by this title to be made without shareholder action. (Added 1993, No. 85, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 1994.)