The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : MEETINGS AND ACTION OF THE BOARD(Cite as: 11A V.S.A. § 8.25)
§ 8.25. Committees
(a) Unless the articles of incorporation or bylaws provide otherwise, a board of directors may create one or more committees and appoint members of the board of directors to serve on them. Each committee must have two or more members, who serve at the pleasure of the board of directors.
(b) The creation of a committee and appointment of members to it must be approved by the greater of:
(1) a majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken; or
(2) the number of directors required by the articles of incorporation or bylaws to take action under section 8.24 of this title.
(c) Sections 8.20 through 8.24 of this title, which govern meetings, action without meetings, notice and waiver of notice, and quorum and voting requirements of the board of directors, apply to committees and their members as well.
(d) To the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, each committee may exercise the authority of the board of directors under section 8.01 of this title.
(e) A committee may not, however:
(1) authorize distributions;
(2) approve or propose to shareholders action that this title requires be approved by shareholders;
(3) fill vacancies on the board of directors or on any of its committees;
(4) amend articles of incorporation pursuant to section 10.02 of this title;
(5) adopt, amend, or repeal bylaws;
(6) approve a plan of merger not requiring shareholder approval;
(7) authorize or approve reacquisition of shares, except according to a formula or method prescribed by the board of directors; or
(8) authorize or approve the issuance or sale or contract for sale of shares, or determine the designation and relative rights, preferences, and limitations of a class or series of shares, except that the board of directors may authorize a committee (or a senior executive officer of the corporation) to do so within limits specifically prescribed by the board of directors.
(f) The creation of, delegation of authority to, or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in section 8.30 of this title. (Added 1993, No. 85, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 1994.)