Representative Carol Ode
- Seat Number
- (802) 828-2228
- Mailing Address
- 115 State St, Montpelier, VT 05603
- House Committee on Ways and Means
- House Ethics Panel
- Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules (LCAR)
- Sports Betting Study Committee
- Vermont Citizens Advisory Committee on Lake Champlain's Future
- CAROL ODE of Burlington, Chittenden District 6-18, the granddaughter of immigrants, is serving her fourth term and after two terms on the House Natural Resources, Fish and Wildlife Committee is now in her second term on the House Ways and Means Committee. She is serving her second term on the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules, and is just beginning service on the House Ethics Panel. She is serving her seventh year on the Lake Champlain Citizens Advisory Committee, which is part of the federal Lake Champlain Basin Program and is State Lead to the Legislature for the National Council of State Legislators. She is a member of a number of caucuses, is on the Parliamentary Team and is part of the Women's Caucus leadership team. The Legislature elected her to serve as one of nine Legislative Trustees on the University of Vermont's Board of Trustees where she is Chair of the Vermont Agricultural College Board. She is on The Stern Center and Burlington Students Foundation boards.
Governor Howard Dean appointed her to the Vermont State Board of Education of which she was also chair. She served on the Burlington School Board for more than ten years, where her peers elected her chair for seven consecutive years. She was elected to represent Grand Isle and Chittenden counties on the Vermont School Boards Association board and served on the Regional Advisory Board for Chittenden County’s Technical Centers. Chittenden County lawyers elected her to the Vermont Bar Foundation board where she became its vice chair and collaborated with bank and credit union presidents to raise funds for Foundation grantees, including Vermont Legal Aid. She then consulted with the VBF and worked with the Access to Justice Coalition, raising funds for the Vermont Poverty Law Fellowship.
She was vice chair of The Vermont Journalism Trust board for VTDigger. She has served on the Burlington Waterfront Board, the Lund Family Center Board, the UVM Alumni Council, and a United Way allocations team.
She graduated Phi Beta Kappa from UVM with a B.A. in History. A former Vermont schoolteacher, she graduated from Cornell Law School. She is working to complete a certificate in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School where she studied Tax Policy and Administration last summer. She is a 2017 Council of State Governments Henry Toll Fellow. In 2001, she received the YWCA’s Susan B. Anthony Leadership in Public Service Award, and in 2000 she received the Golden Apple Award from the Burli
Bills and Resolutions Sponsored by Representative Ode
Regular Session 2023-2024
Roll Call Votes by Representative Ode
Regular Session 2023-2024