Senator Christopher Bray
- Addison District
- Seat Number
- ( ) -
- Home Phone
- (802) 371-8183
- Work Address
- 115 State St, Montpelier, VT 05633
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Energy, Chair
- Joint Carbon Emissions Reduction Committee
- Joint Energy Committee
- Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules (LCAR)
- Legislative Study Committee on Wetlands
- Single-Use Products Working Group
- Surface Water Diversions and Transfers Study Group
- Vermont Citizens Advisory Committee on Lake Champlain's Future
- CHRISTOPHER A. BRAY of Bristol, Vermont, became a member of the Vermont House of Representatives in January 2007, and the Vermont Senate in 2013, where he serves as Chair of the Senate Natural Resources and Energy Committee, as well as on the Finance Committee, Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules, and the Joint Carbon Reduction Committee.
Chris graduated from the University of Vermont (BA, Zoology, 1977; MA, English, 1991), where he taught for four years in the English Department. Chris then worked at National Life of Vermont, IBM, Intel, and Apple. Chris founded Common Ground Communications, which provides writing, editing and production services to technical clients and the book publishing industry. He is also a carpenter and painter.
In 2006, Chris graduated from the Governor Richard Snelling Center for Government's Vermont Leadership Institute. In 2009, Chris was elected to the Board of Trustees of the University of Vermont. Chris was a lead sponsor of Vermont's Farm to Plate Program and the Biomass Energy Development Working Group, which he co-chaired until 2011. In 2009, Chris received the Vermont Natural Resource Council's Legislative Leadership Award. In 2010, Chris received the Council of State Government's Toll Fellowship. In 2012, Chris was appointed to the Vermont State Supreme Court’s Professional Responsibility Program. Chris's other current and past service includes the United Way of Addison County (Board of Directors), Middlebury Rotary Club, Vermont Milk Commission (Secretary), Rural Economic Development Working Group (Chair), Vermont Forestry Study Group, Vermont Telecommunications Authority, Vermont Economic Progress Council, NCSL Agriculture & Energy Committee, Justice of the Peace, New Haven and Bristol Boards of Civil Authority, and the Middlebury Area Land Trust (past President).
Bills and Resolutions Sponsored by Senator Bray
Regular Session 2023-2024
Roll Call Votes by Senator Bray
Regular Session 2023-2024