Senator Corey Parent
- Franklin District
- Seat Number
- ( ) -
- Home Address
- 21 Bluff Lane, St. Albans, VT 05478
- Home Phone
- (802) 370-0494
- Work Phone
- (802) 828-2228
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Clerk
- Senate Committee on Institutions
- Senate Sexual Harassment Panel
- Canvassing Committee
- Joint Energy Committee
- Joint Legislative Justice Oversight Committee
- Joint Pension Oversight Committee, Vice Chair
- Giglio Database Study Committee
- Pension Benefits, Design, and Funding Task Force
- Senate Workgroup on Lessons Learned
- Vermont Forest Carbon Sequestration Working Group
- COREY J. PARENT of St. Albans Town, Franklin County, Republican, was born in 1990, in St. Albans, Vermont. Corey grew up in St. Albans and attended St. Albans City School before he graduated from Bellows Free Academy in 2008. Corey earned a BA in economics and government in 2012 from St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. He is also currently pursuing an MBA at Clarkson University. Corey is currently employed as the Director of Operations and Special Projects for the Town of St. Albans.
Corey served in the Vermont House of Representatives from 2015 to 2019. He served his first term on the House Committee on Commerce and Economic Development and as Ranking Member of the House Committee on Energy and Technology for the 2017–18 biennium. He was elected to the Vermont State Senate in 2018 and reelected in 2020.
Corey serves on the boards of the Franklin County Home Health Agency and Northwestern Medical Center. He has also served on the boards of the St. Albans Amateur Skating Association and The Samaritan House. In 2015, he was selected as a Rising State Leader by the Canadian Embassy and was recognized by Vermont Business Magazine as a Rising Star in 2018.
Corey lives in St. Albans Town with his wife, Samantha, who is a Registered Nurse with Northwestern Medical Center, their son William (Liam), and their golden retriever, Charlie.
Bills and Resolutions Sponsored by Senator Parent
2021 Special Session
Roll Call Votes by Senator Parent
2021 Special Session