The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1403. Composition of survey plats
(a) Plats filed in accordance with this chapter shall be on sheets 11 inches by 17 inches or 18 inches by 24 inches in size or 24 inches by 36 inches if the town or city has appropriate storage facilities as determined by the town or city clerk.
(b) Plats filed in accordance with this chapter shall also conform with the following requirements:
(1) Each survey plat shall contain an inset locus map clearly indicating the location of the land depicted and a legend of symbols used.
(2) All lettering and data shall be clearly legible.
(3) Plat scale ratios shall be sufficient to allow all pertinent survey data to be shown, and each plat shall contain a graphic scale graduated in units of measure used in the body of the plat.
(4) Each plat sheet shall have a minimum one-half inch margin, except the binder side, which shall have a minimum one and one-half inch margin.
(5) Each plat sheet shall contain a title area in the lower right-hand corner of the sheet stating the location of the land, scale expressed in engineering units, date of compilation, the name of the record owner as of that date, the land surveyor's certification as outlined in 26 V.S.A. § 2596, and a certification that the plat conforms with requirements of this section. These certifications shall be accompanied by the responsible land surveyor's seal, name and number, and signature.
(6) Each survey plat shall contain a graphical indication of the reference meridian used on the survey plat and a statement describing the basis of bearings referenced on the survey plat.
(7) When the plat sheet is produced by a reproduction process, the process shall be identified and certified to by the producer in the margin of the plat sheet. Original plat sheets shall be so identified and certified to by the same process.
(8) The recordable plat materials shall be composed in one of the following processes:
(A) fixed-line photographic process on stable base polyester film; or
(B) pigment ink on stable base polyester film or linen tracing cloth.
(c) Survey plats prepared and dated before July 1, 1992 shall be exempt from the requirements of subdivisions (b)(1)-(6) and (8) of this section, but shall comply with requirements in State law in effect when the plats were prepared and dated.
(d) Survey plats prepared and dated before any statutory regulation of land plats shall comply with subsection (a) and subdivision (b)(7) of this section.
(e) Any survey plat exempted by subsection (c) or (d) of this section and revised after July 1, 1992 shall meet all the requirements of this chapter. (Added 1969, No. 235 (Adj. Sess.), § 3; amended 1991, No. 163 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 1993, No. 62, §§ 13; 1995, No. 148 (Adj. Sess.), § 4(c)(2), eff. May 6, 1996; 2009, No. 91 (Adj. Sess.), § 13, eff. May 6, 2010; 2011, No. 155 (Adj. Sess.), § 17; 2011, No. 155 (Adj. Sess.), § 18, eff. July 1, 2013; 2015, No. 156 (Adj. Sess.), § 18.)