The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : BUDGETS AND FINANCE(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 149, § 45)
§ 149-45. Selectmen action on the budget
(1) The Board of Selectmen shall schedule public meetings, as it deems appropriate, for the review and discussion of the administration's budget proposal.
(2) Upon completion of its review, the Board of Selectmen shall act to finalize its budget proposal.
(3) The Board shall then schedule a public hearing prior to Town meeting, warned as such.
(4) Following the public hearing, the Board of Selectmen shall act to officially fix the budget to be finalized or proposed at Town meeting.
(5) The Selectmen, in fixing the budget, shall place it on the warning as a gross appropriation.