The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 501-5. Officers
(a) Prudential Committee. The Prudential Committee shall consist of three members elected for a term of three years. The members of the Prudential Committee shall be elected to staggered terms so that only one member shall be elected annually. Vacancies in the Prudential Committee shall be filled in the same manner as provided in subdivision 306(d) of 24 App. V.S.A. chapter 129 for the unexpired portion of the vacant member's term.
(b) District Clerk. The District Clerk shall keep minutes of all Fire District and Prudential Committee meetings and votes.
(c) District Treasurer. The duties of the District Treasurer shall include:
(1) Accepting payment of current accounts on behalf of the Fire District.
(2) Keeping accurate records of all payments made to the District.
(3) Writing and signing all checks on behalf of the District.
(4) Alerting the Prudential Committee of any past due accounts.
(5) Keeping accurate records of all financial transactions made by the District.
(d) District Collector of Delinquent Taxes. The Collector of Delinquent Taxes shall collect all past due accounts, interest on those accounts, and penalties in accordance with 32 V.S.A. chapter 133, subchapter 2. (Added 2003, No. M-5, § 2.)