The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 227-3. Election and duties of officers
(a) At the annual meeting there shall be elected, by ballot if called for by three voters, a Clerk, a Treasurer, a Chief Engineer, First and Second Assistant Engineers, a Collector, and five trustees, who shall serve until their successors are elected. They shall be sworn, and the Clerk shall make a record thereof. The Clerk, Collector, and Treasurer shall give such bonds as shall be required by the trustees. Vacancies may be filled at special meetings called for that purpose.
(b) The trustees shall elect one trustee to serve as President.
(c) Each of the elected officers shall perform the following duties:
(1) The President shall preside at all meetings and have all the powers of a moderator in town meetings and be an ex-officio member and presiding officer of the Board of Trustees.
(2) The Senior Trustee shall act as President if the President is absent at the annual meeting or any meeting of the trustees.
(3) The Clerk shall keep a record of the annual meeting and any special meetings that are called in accordance with the charter of the Village and also keep a record of all proceedings at the trustees' meetings.
(4) The Treasurer shall be custodian of all money belonging to the Village and shall pay all obligations of the Village that the President and at least two trustees have approved.
(d) The Village shall employ an auditor who shall conduct an annual audit in accordance with Government Accounting Standards and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) rules.
(e) The trustees shall:
(1) Have general charge of all affairs of the Village and shall meet at least once a month at the time and place as the President may designate for the meetings, and the trustees may hold as many additional meetings in any month as they deem advisable.
(2) Shall make all contracts concerning the building of electric light lines and maintenance of the same.
(3) Do all things necessary to maintain the electric light system that the Village owns in the Town of Whitingham.
(4) Fix the compensation of all employees and officers of the Village.
(5) Establish the rates for the electric light service that the Village furnishes, subject to the approval of the Public Service Board of the State of Vermont. (Amended 2005, No. M-15 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. June 20, 2006.)