The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : SELECTBOARD POWERS AND DUTIES(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 129, § 304)
§ 129-304. Mandatory duties
The Selectboard shall:
(1) Perform all duties as required by Vermont State Statutes and this charter.
(2) Appoint and remove the Town Manager.
(3) Appoint and remove members of all boards, commissions, committees, or similar bodies unless specifically provided otherwise by this charter.
(4) Make, amend, and repeal ordinances in compliance with this charter.
(5) Submit the annual budget to the voters to be voted on at Town Meeting in accordance with the provisions of section 1002 of this charter.
(6) With the advice, consultation, and consent of the School Board provide for an independent audit by a certified public accountant who shall perform an annual audit of all Town departments including the proprietory and fiduciary accounts.