The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 127, § 305)
§ 127-305. Treasurer
(a) The Treasurer shall be elected annually at the annual meeting and shall serve for a three-year term.
(b) The Treasurer shall perform the duties required by State statutes or provided by this charter. He/she shall:
(1) Promptly deposit funds coming into his/her hands in such depositories as may be designated by the selectmen;
(2) Invest Town funds coming into his/her hands in the manner designated by the selectmen;
(3) Keep such books and accounts as may be required by the selectmen;
(4) Make reports to the selectmen monthly or at such other times as they may require showing the State of the Town's finances; and
(5) Perform such other duties with respect to the Town's finances as the selectmen may require.