The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 5608. Agricultural Fairs and Field Days Capital Projects Competitive Grants Program
(a) Grant guidelines. The following guidelines shall apply to capital grants made for Vermont agricultural fairs and field days projects pursuant to this section:
(1) Grants shall be competitively awarded to capital projects that relate to Vermont agricultural fairs and field days operating a minimum of three consecutive, eight-hour days per year.
(2) A project for which a grant is awarded shall have a minimum useful life of 20 years and shall be completed within two years of the execution of a contract to perform work authorized by the grant.
(3) A grant recipient shall contribute matching funds or in-kind services in an amount equal to 15 percent or more of the value of the grant.
(b) There is established an Agricultural Fairs and Field Days Capital Program Advisory Committee to administer and coordinate grants made pursuant to this section. The Committee shall include:
(1) two members appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets;
(2) one member appointed by the Commissioner of Forests, Parks and Recreation;
(3) two members appointed by the Vermont Fair and Field Days Association;
(4) one member appointed by the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing;
(5) one member of the Vermont Senate appointed by the Committee on Committees; and
(6) one member of the Vermont House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House.
(1) The Advisory Committee created in subsection (b) of this section shall have the authority to award grants in its sole discretion; provided, however, that the Committee may consider whether to award partial awards to all applicants that meet Program criteria established by the Committee.
(2) The Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets shall provide administrative and technical support to the Committee for purposes of administering grants awarded under this section. (Added 2013, No. 178 (Adj. Sess.), § 32, June 9, 2014.)