The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : Interlocal Contracts(Cite as: 24 V.S.A. § 4902)
§ 4902. Contents of contract
(a) The contract shall set forth fully the purposes, powers, rights, and objectives, and responsibilities of the contracting parties.
(b) The contract may provide:
(1) That one person shall hold the same office or offices in the participating municipalities, notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary.
(2) The method of choosing officers by election or appointment, the term of office, the compensation of, or mode of setting the compensation of, and the authority to discharge, a person holding office under subdivision (1) of this subsection.
(3) For any duly constituted local or regional board to have jurisdiction in all the municipalities.
(4) For a transfer of a local service function or activity or a portion thereof, previously authorized or exercised by a municipality, to another municipality.
(5) For the acquisition and maintenance of property, forces and services which the municipalities participating in the contract are authorized by law to acquire and maintain.
(6) For the use of any property, equipment or personnel of a municipality which is a party to the contract in connection with a joint service or activity authorized by the terms of the contract.
(7) For the deposit of funds appropriated, received or contributed for purposes of any joint municipal activity or service in one or more special bank accounts, and for designation of persons authorized to have custody of and to draw on such funds.
(8) For the exercise of any powers consistent with law in order to carry out the purposes contemplated in the contract. (Added 1969, No. 197 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)