The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1548. Vermont Veterans' Fund
(a) There is created a special fund to be known as the Vermont Veterans' Fund. This Fund shall be administered by the Military Department and shall be paid out in grants on the recommendations of a nine-member committee comprising:
(1) the Adjutant and Inspector General or designee;
(2) the Vermont Veterans' Home Administrator or designee;
(3) the Commissioner of Labor or designee;
(4) the Secretary of Human Services or designee;
(5) the Director of the White River Junction VA medical center or designee;
(6) the Director of the White River Junction VA benefits office or designee; and
(7) three members of the Governor's Veterans' Council to be appointed by that Council.
(b) The purpose of this Fund shall be to provide grants or other support to individuals and organizations:
(1) for the long-term care of veterans;
(2) to aid homeless veterans;
(3) for transportation services for veterans;
(4) to fund veterans' service programs; and
(5) to recognize veterans.
(c) The Vermont Veterans' Fund shall consist of revenues paid into it from the Vermont Veterans' Fund checkoff established in 32 V.S.A. § 5862e and from any other source. The Fund shall be managed pursuant to 32 V.S.A. chapter 7, subchapter 5, and shall be available to the Military Department for the purposes in subsection (b) of this section.
(d) As used in this section, "veteran" means a resident of Vermont who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or the Vermont National Guard or Vermont Air National Guard and who received an honorable discharge. (Added 2009, No. 160 (Adj. Sess.), § 48, eff. June 4, 2010; amended 2013, No. 50, § E.219.4.)