The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 19 V.S.A. § 701)
§ 701. Definitions
(1) "Acceptance" means receipt of the right-of-way needed for a new highway, in some cases this may include a completed roadway.
(2) "Altered" means a major physical change in the highway such as a change in width from a single lane to two lanes.
(3) "Classification" means the categorization of all town highways pursuant to section 302 of this title.
(4) "Discontinued" means a previously designated town highway which through the process of discontinuance all public rights are reconveyed to the adjoining landowners.
(5) "Dedication" means the process of selecting a right-of-way or an alignment for a highway.
(6) "Interested person" or "person interested in lands" means a person who has a legal interest of record in the property affected.
(7) "Landowner" means a person who has title to real estate in fee simple or a life estate.
(8) "Lay out" means the legal procedure establishing the alignment or right-of-way of a highway.
(9) "Reclassify" means to change the classification of a highway using the legal process described in this chapter. (Added 1985, No. 269 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)