The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : INTERSTATE AGREEMENT ON QUALIFICATION OF EDUCATIONAL PERSONNEL(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 2042)
§ 2042. DefinitionsArticle II
As used in this Agreement and contracts made pursuant to it, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
1. "Educational personnel" means persons who must meet requirements pursuant to State law as a condition of employment in educational programs.
2. "Designated State official" means the education official of a State selected by that State to negotiate and enter into, on behalf of his or her State, contracts pursuant to this Agreement.
3. "Accept," or any variant thereof, means to recognize and give effect to one or more determinations of another State relating to the qualifications of educational personnel in lieu of making or requiring a like determination that would otherwise be required by or pursuant to the laws of a receiving State.
4. "State" means a State, territory, or possession of the United States; the District of Columbia; or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
5. "Originating State" means a State (and the subdivision thereof, if any) whose determination that certain educational personnel are qualified to be employed for specific duties in schools is acceptable in accordance with the terms of a contract made pursuant to Article III.
6. "Receiving State" means a State (and the subdivisions thereof) which accept educational personnel in accordance with the terms of a contract made pursuant to Article III. (Added 1969, No. 8, § 1 (Art. II).)