The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1691a. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Administrator" means an individual licensed under this chapter the majority of whose employed time in a public school, school district, or supervisory union is assigned to developing and managing school curriculum, evaluating and disciplining personnel, or supervising and managing a public school system or public school program.
(2) "Applicant" means an individual applying for a license.
(3) "Educator" means any teacher or administrator requiring a license under this chapter.
(4) "Endorsement" means the grade level and field in which an educator is authorized to serve. A license shall bear one or more endorsements.
(5) "Hearing panel" means the persons assigned in individual cases to find facts, reach conclusions of law, and make decisions regarding compliance with standards for obtaining, retaining, and renewing licenses.
(6) "License" means a license to engage in teaching or school administration, as the context requires, in the State and includes, unless the context requires otherwise, the endorsements the licensee has applied for or possesses. "Licensee" means an individual licensed under this chapter.
(7) "Licensing action" means action that suspends, revokes, limits, or conditions licensure or certification in any way and includes warnings, reprimands, probation, and administrative penalties.
(8) "Office" means the office within the Agency responsible for professional standards and educator licensing.
(9) "Standards Board" means the Vermont Standards Board for Professional Educators established under section 1693 of this title.
(10) "Teacher" means an individual licensed under this chapter the majority of whose employed time in a public school district or supervisory union is assigned to furnish to students direct instructional or other educational services, as defined by rule of the Standards Board, or who is otherwise subject to licensing as determined by the Standards Board. (Added 2005, No. 214 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. July 1, 2007; amended 2013, No. 92 (Adj. Sess.), § 160, eff. Feb. 14, 2014.)