The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 806o. Withdrawal and dissolution - Article XVI
1. Once effective, the compact shall continue in force and remain binding upon each and every member state; provided that a member state may withdraw immediately from the compact by specifically repealing the statute which enacted the compact into law.
2. Withdrawal from this compact shall be by the enactment of a statute repealing the same.
3. The withdrawing state shall immediately notify the chairperson of the Interstate Commission in writing upon the introduction of legislation repealing this compact in the withdrawing state. The Interstate Commission shall notify the other member states of the withdrawing state's intent to withdraw within sixty (60) days of its receipt thereof.
4. The withdrawing state is responsible for all assessments, obligations, and liabilities incurred through the effective date of withdrawal, not to exceed $100 per year as provided in Article XIV, Section E, of this compact for each year that the State of Vermont is a member of the compact.
5. Reinstatement following withdrawal of a member state shall occur upon the withdrawing state reenacting the compact or upon such later date as determined by the Interstate Commission.
B. Dissolution of Compact.
1. This compact shall dissolve effective upon the date of the withdrawal or default of the member state which reduces the membership in the compact to one (1) member state.
2. Upon the dissolution of this compact, the compact becomes null and void and shall be of no further force or effect, and the business and affairs of the Interstate Commission shall be concluded and surplus funds shall be distributed in accordance with the bylaws. (Added 2011, No. 43, § 1.)