The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1. Definitions
As used in this title, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Agency" means the agency of transportation.
(2) "Board" means the transportation board.
(3) "Municipality" means a county, city, village, town, or any other political subdivision of this state, and any public corporation, authority, or district of this state which is or may be authorized by law to acquire, establish, construct, maintain, improve, or operate transportation facilities or services.
(4) "Person" means an individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association, or body politic, including a trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative.
(5) "Political subdivision" means any county, city, town, or other municipality.
(6) "Secretary" means the secretary of the agency of transportation.
(7) "Agency of transportation" or "agency" means the state, the agency of transportation, its secretary, or its officials. (Added 1985, No. 222 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)
§ 2. Transportation board; generally
The provisions of this part set forth the duties, authority, and responsibility and procedures of the transportation board relative to the provisions of this title, except as otherwise provided. (Added 1985, No. 222 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)