House Committee on Education (Room 32)
The House Committee on Education considers matters relating the educational needs of Vermonters, including the arts, libraries, and literary and scientific subjects; the amount of revenue required to satisfy the educational needs; and the manner of raising necessary revenue.
- Meeting Schedule
- No meeting is currently scheduled
Documents & Handouts
Browse documents below or use document search.
Materials available on the Education page are provided for informational purposes only, and may not comprise all materials received by the Committee. The Committee is not responsible for the accuracy of any information in these materials, and their posting does not constitute approval or endorsement by the Committee or by the Vermont General Assembly.
- H.15 - An act relating to amendments to Act 46 to facilitate the approval of alternative governance structures and extend time frames
- H.41 - An act relating to eliminating sitting legislators as members of the Board of Trustees of the University of Vermont and State Agricultural College and increasing the number of private board members
- H.49 - An act relating to the State Board of Education and concurrence by the Secretary of Education of proposed rules
- H.98 - An act relating to the elimination of strikes and imposed terms in connection with collective bargaining for teachers' and school administrators' contracts and the formation of a task force
- H.100 - An act relating to sudden cardiac arrest prevention during school athletic activities
- H.114 - An act relating to portability of Vermont Student Assistance Corporation grants and scholarships
- H.117 - An act relating to the State Board of Education
- H.122 - An act relating to appropriations for Vermont State Colleges
- H.156 - An act relating to the phase-out of the declining student hold-harmless provision
- H.157 - An act relating to adopting a statewide calendar for public schools
- H.161 - An act relating to union membership fees for teachers and administrators
- H.239 - An act relating to withdrawal from a union high school district
- H.270 - An act relating to increasing expanded learning opportunities
- H.304 - An act relating to making changes to the calculation of the statewide education property tax
- H.504 - An act relating to career technical education, special education, and education weightings
- H.509 - An act relating to calculating statewide education tax rates
- H.513 - An act relating to making miscellaneous changes to education law
- H.517 - An act relating to prekindergarten education and child development programs
- S.1 - An act relating to the determination of average daily membership for the 2016-2017 school year and equalized pupil count for fiscal year 2018
- S.18 - An act relating to freedom of expression for students
- S.33 - An act relating to the Rozo McLaughlin Farm-to-School Program
- S.87 - An act relating to sexual exploitation of students
- S.122 - An act relating to increased flexibility for school district mergers
- S.130 - An act relating to miscellaneous changes to education laws
- S.135 - An act relating to promoting economic development
Legislative language and other materials posted on this page are subject to frequent change and may not reflect the Committee's most recent discussions or actions. Please check back often for updated materials.