The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 123, § 305)
§ 123-305. Treasurer
(a) The Treasurer shall be elected at the Annual Meeting and shall serve for a three-year term. An Assistant Treasurer may be appointed by the Treasurer as provided by Vermont State Statutes.
(b) The Treasurer shall perform the duties required by statute or provided by this charter and shall:
(1) Promptly deposit funds in such depositories as may be designated by the selectmen.
(2) Invest Town funds in the manner designated by statute.
(3) Keep such books and accounts as may be required by the selectmen or the Town Manager in addition to those required by law.
(4) Make reports to the selectmen or the Town Manager monthly or at such other times as they may require showing the condition of the Town's finances.
(5) Perform such other duties with respect to the Town's finances as the selectmen may request.