The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 703-1. Definitions
As used in this chapter, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context shall indicate another or different meaning or intent:
(1) "The District" shall mean the municipality created by section 2 of this chapter pursuant to the provisions set forth in 24 V.S.A. § 3342. The functions of the District when pursued under the authority set forth in this chapter shall be governmental and not proprietary.
(2) "Town" shall mean any municipality within the meaning of 1 V.S.A. § 126.
(3) "Clerk" shall mean the permanent Clerk of the District.
(4) "The Board" shall mean the Board of Water Commissioners of the District.
(5) "The Treasurer" shall mean the Treasurer of the District.
(6) "Auditor" shall mean an Auditor of the District.
(7) "Properties" shall mean the water supply, storage and distribution system or systems of the District, including the plants, works, instrumentalities or part thereof and appurtenances thereto, including lands, easements, rights in land and water rights, rights of-way, contract rights, franchises, approaches, connections, dams, reservoirs, water mains and pipe lines, pumping stations and equipment, or any other property incidental to and included in such system or part thereof, and any improvements, extensions, and betterments thereto, together with any and all property, both real and personal wherever situated, as may be acquired by the District in its own name.
(8) "Bonds" shall mean the bonds, notes, and obligations, issued by the District, pursuant to this chapter.
(9) "Revenues" shall mean all rents, charges, and other income derived from the operation of the District. (Added 1971, No. 135, § 1.)