The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 701-5. Officers; directors
(a) The Board of Directors shall also be the officers and shall consist of at least five members elected by the members of the municipal corporation for a term of three years. Vacancies on the Board of Directors shall be filled in the manner as provided by the bylaws of the municipal corporation. The Board of Directors' decisions by majority vote of the entire Board concerning policy, procedures, and all matters of business of the municipal corporation shall be final and binding.
(b) The President and Vice President shall be responsible for:
(1) The maintenance and repair of the system or the subcontracting of that responsibility.
(2) Water testing as mandated by the State and federal government: monthly, quarterly, and annually.
(3) Dealing with State and federal agencies as necessary and working with resource organizations.
(4) Providing customer services.
(5) Maintaining operation certification and insurance.
(6) Monitoring of the water-testing schedule and requisition of testing equipment.
(7) Convening of regular annual and special meetings.
(8) Public relations activities.
(c) The Treasurer shall be responsible for:
(1) Billing, invoicing, depositing and dispersing funds, maintaining safety deposit boxes, and reporting and collecting delinquent account receivables.
(2) Writing and signing all checks on behalf of the municipal corporation consistent with that authority as granted by the Board of Directors.
(3) Alerting the Board of Directors and officers of the municipal corporation of any past due accounts.
(4) Preparing, distributing, and reporting annual financial statements.
(5) Preparing and presenting the annual operating budget.
(6) Preparing and filing annual tax returns as required.
(7) Keeping accurate records of all financial transactions made by the municipal corporation.
(8) Collecting delinquent water rents and fees due to the municipal corporation, interest on those accounts, and penalties in accordance with Vermont law.
(d) The Clerk shall be responsible for:
(1) The accurate taking, timely distribution, and orderly maintenance of minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors as well as annual meetings and special meetings of the Morristown Corners Water Corporation and the maintenance and preservation of official documents.
(2) Picking up and distributing mail to the responsible officer.
(3) Performing monthly coliform tests as required in consultation with the President and Vice President and the timely and accurate submission of those tests.
(e) The Tester shall be responsible for:
(1) Properly taking and accurately recording chlorine readings in consultation with the President and Vice President and the timely and accurate submission of those readings.
(2) Participating in other daily, monthly, and annual testing of the water and water system as required in consultation with the President and Vice President consistent with requirements for testing under this chapter and the bylaws. (Added 2009, No. M-9, § 2, eff. May 18, 2009.)