The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : CREATION AND POWERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 413, § 107)
§ 413-107. Procedure for adoption of ordinances, rules, and regulations
(a) Any ordinance, rule, or regulation of the District may be adopted by the Board of Supervisors at a duly called Board of Supervisors' meeting following the following procedure:
(1) If the Board of Supervisors desires to adopt an ordinance, rule, or regulation, it shall hold at least one public hearing on the proposed ordinance, rule, or regulation.
(2) Public notice shall be given of the public hearing by publication of the date, place, and purpose of the hearing in a newspaper of general circulation within the District on a date not less than 15 days prior to the date of the hearing.
(3) The notice shall also be posted in at least three public places within each member municipality and mailed to the town clerk of each municipality at least 30 days prior to the date of the hearing.
(4) The notice shall make reference to a place within the District where copies of the proposed ordinance, rule, or regulation may be examined, and the full text of the ordinance, rule, or regulation, or a concise summary of it, including a statement of purpose, principal provisions, and table of contents or list of section headings, shall also be published.
(5) Following such public hearing, the Board of Supervisors may at any duly called Board of Supervisors' meeting adopt the ordinance, rule, or regulation by resolution, and the ordinance, rule, or regulation shall become effective upon adoption.
(6) An ordinance, rule, or regulation adopted in accordance with these procedures may be amended or repealed in accordance with the same procedures.
(7) No ordinance, rule, or regulation, or amendment or repeal shall be subject to any voter referendum, provided that a special meeting may be called on such matters in accordance with the procedures of subchapter 5 of this chapter.
(b) The foregoing procedure shall not be required for rules as to the internal workings of the Board, or internal administration of this District.