Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 24 Appendix : Municipal Charters

Chapter 289 : VILLAGE OF WESTMINSTER

(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 289, § 1)
  • § 289-1. Boundaries; body politic

    The inhabitants of all that part of the Town of Westminster in the County of Windham, enclosed in the following boundaries, to wit:

    Commencing at the northeast corner of the farm of Frank H. Farr, on the west bank of the Connecticut River, thence westerly on the north line of the Farr to the brow or top of Clapp's Hill, so called, thence westerly on the north line of the Farr and land of the Kurn Hattin Home Association to the west side of the highway leading from Westminster East Parish to Westminster West Parish, thence northerly along the west side of the highway to the cold spring, so called, crossing the highway at the spring, thence northerly on the west line of lands of the Westminster Aqueduct Society, J. F. Ward, Rollo Metcalf, L. G. Converse, C. A. Peck, and Edgar A. Williams, crossing the highway leading from the former residence of Nelson Johnson to the residence of E. F. Lewis, at the northwest corner of land of the Williams, thence easterly on the north side of the last mentioned highway to land belonging to the estate of Nelson Johnson, thence northerly in a straight line to the southwest corner of land of Anders and Elna Nelson, thence northerly on the west line of land of John P. Holmes, Charles G. Miller, and Willis V. Farr to the north line of the Farr, thence easterly on the north line of the Farr to the river road, so called, leading from the Westminster to Bellows Falls and crossing the highway at the north line of the Farr and lands of the Vermont Valley Railroad to the east boundary of the railroad, thence northerly on the easterly right-of-way of the railroad to the west bank of the Connecticut River, thence southerly on the west bank of the river to the point of beginning, are hereby incorporated and made a body politic and shall be called the Village of Westminster. (Added 1912, No. 334, § 1; amended 1915, No. 309, § 1.)