The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 151-21. Recall
Any Town officer, as defined by 17 V.S.A. § 2646, may be recalled by the following process:
(1) A petition shall be filed with the Town Clerk signed by not less than twenty-five percent of the number of registered voters at the time the petition is submitted.
(2) The petition shall request a meeting of the voters of the Town for the purpose of recalling a Town officer and shall set forth the name of the person to be recalled, the reason for the recall, and shall identify the office he or she holds.
(3) The Selectboard shall, within 15 days of receipt of such petition, warn a meeting to act upon the petition.
(4) The meeting shall be held not less than 30 nor more than 40 days from the date of the warning.
(5) The meeting shall be warned as provided by the general laws of the State of Vermont.
(6) At least four days, but not more than 15 days, prior to the meeting, an informational meeting shall be held at which time both the Town officer who is the subject of the recall petition and the proponents of the recall shall have the opportunity to discuss the petition to recall. The informational meeting shall be warned in conjunction with the warning for the meeting.
(7) When a two-thirds majority of the voters present and voting on the question at such meeting vote in favor of the recall, the Town officer subject to the petition shall be recalled and the office he or she held shall be deemed vacant.
(8) A recall petition shall not be brought against the same officer more than once within any 12-month period. (Added 2015, No. M-3, § 2, eff. Mar. 12, 2015.)