The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : ELECTED OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 101, § 16)
§ 101-16. Clerk-Treasurer
(a) The Clerk-Treasurer shall be elected for a period of three years. He or she shall keep account of monies, bonds, notes, and evidences of debt paid or delivered to him or her, and of moneys paid out by him or her for the Town. In addition he or she shall:
(1) record the amount voted for support of highways, special departments, and for general Town purposes;
(2) collect taxes, assessments, charges, and levies, including delinquencies in the hands of the Tax Collector, and maintain a record of monies collected and uncollected;
(3) receive fees for filing copies of records and other instruments;
(4) pay orders drawn on him or her by officials authorized to draw orders;
(5) provide detailed financial statements and reports, as may be required by the selectmen;
(6) maintain a record of all action taken at special or annual Town meetings;
(7) maintain all Town records and an index to those records;
(8) maintain and file all reports required by law;
(9) perform any other duties required of him or her by law, this charter, or ordinances.
(b) Before entering upon the duties of his or her office, the Clerk-Treasurer shall give a bond conditioned for the faithful performance of his or her duties. The bond shall be of a sum and with such surety as prescribed and approved by the Board of Selectmen, and the premium for such bond shall be paid by the Town.