The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 008 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 3, § 332)
§ 3-332. Purposes and powers
(a) Subject to the orders and ordinances of the City Council, the Community and Economic Development Office shall develop and implement a comprehensive community and economic development strategy.
(b) In furtherance of its purpose, the Community and Economic Development Office shall, subject to the orders and ordinances of the City Council, have the following rights, powers, and duties:
(1) To work on behalf of the City to stimulate investment, and to attract, retain, and encourage the development of both existing and new economic enterprises.
(2) To develop, coordinate, implement, and administer economic and community development strategies and projects for the City.
(3) To develop, coordinate, implement, and administer a comprehensive program to address the City's housing needs.
(4) To develop, coordinate, implement, and administer waterfront development activities other than those activities which the Planning Commission and the City Council must exercise under the Vermont Planning and Development Act.
(5) To recommend to the City Council, and to solicit on behalf of the City Council, grants-in-aid funds for the City.
(6) To administer Community Development Block Grants and Urban Development Action Grants and to manage such grants-in-aid programs in accordance with the laws and regulations pertaining thereto.
(7) To coordinate and facilitate citizen participation in economic and community development with community organizations, City commissions, and the Neighborhood Planning Assemblies.
(8) To do all other things necessary or convenient to carry out its purposes in accordance with Vermont Statutes Annotated.