The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 017 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 225, § 178)
§ 225-178. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Trustees" means the duly elected members of the trustees of the Village acting as a group and in their official capacity.
(2) A "vacancy" in any office is deemed to exist if the holder of the office resigns, dies, moves from the Village (except the President), or is judicially declared to be mentally incompetent.
(3) "Day" means a calendar day.
(4) "Voters" means the names included, at any given point in time, on the checklist most recently revised by the Board of Civil Authority for use in a Village meeting or election.
(5) From "time to time" means as the need may become realized or apparent. (Added 1999, No. M-11 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. May 9, 2000.)