The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : ELECTED OFFICERS(Cite as: 24 App. V.S.A. ch. 157, § 17)
§ 157-17. Town Treasurer
(a) The Town Treasurer shall be elected for a three-year term, and shall:
(1) receive taxes, assessments, charges, and levies, and maintain a record of monies collected and uncollected;
(2) serve in the capacity of collector of current taxes and collector of delinquent taxes;
(3) pay orders drawn on him or her by officials authorized to draw orders;
(4) deposit and invest funds in a financially sound manner;
(5) provide detailed financial statements and reports, as may be required by Selectboard;
(6) perform any other duties required of the Treasurer by law, this charter, or ordinances and by the Selectboard.
(b) Before entering upon the duties of the office, the Town Treasurer shall give a bond conditioned for the faithful performance of the Treasurer's duties. The bond shall be of a sum and with such surety as prescribed and approved by the Selectboard, and the premium shall be paid by the Town.
(c) The Town Treasurer shall be subject to the comprehensive personnel plan of the Town of Windsor, except for provisions relating to appointment, removal, dismissal, suspension, and evaluation. (Amended 1999, No. M-12 (Adj. Sess.), § 10, eff. May 9, 2000.)