The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : TRANSITION OF EMPLOYEES(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 1802)
§ 1802. Transition of employees to newly created employer
(a) Prior to the first day of a New District's or a new SU's existence, upon creation of the Transitional Board, the Board shall:
(1) appoint a negotiations council for the New District or New SU for the purpose of negotiating with future employees' representatives; and
(2) recognize the representatives of the Employees of the Realigning Districts or Realigning SUs as the recognized representatives of the employees of the New District or New SU.
(b) Negotiations shall commence within 90 days after formation of the Transitional Board and shall be conducted pursuant to the provisions of chapter 57 of this title for teachers and administrators and pursuant to 21 V.S.A. chapter 22 for other employees.
(c) An Employee of a Realigning District or Realigning SU who was not a probationary employee shall not be considered a probationary employee of the New District or New SU.
(d) If a new agreement is not ratified by both parties prior to the first day of the New District's or New SU's existence, then:
(1) the parties shall comply with the existing agreements in place for Employees of the Realigning Districts or the Realigning SUs until a new agreement is reached;
(2) the parties shall adhere to the provisions of an agreement among the Employees of the Realigning Districts or the Realigning SUs, as represented by their respective recognized representatives, regarding how provisions under the existing contracts regarding issues of seniority, reduction in force, layoff, and recall will be reconciled during the period prior to ratification of a new agreement; and
(3) a new employee beginning employment after the first day of the New District's or New SU's existence shall be covered by the agreement in effect that applies to the largest bargaining unit for Employees of the Realigning Districts in the New District or for Employees of the Realigning SU in the New SU.
(e) On the first day of its existence, the New District or New SU shall assume the obligations of existing individual employment contracts, including accrued leaves and associated benefits, with the Employees of the Realigning Districts. (Added 2015, No. 46, § 43, eff. June 2, 2015.)