The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 1532)
§ 1532. Minimum standards; measurement of standards
(a) The State Board shall adopt by rule:
(1) Minimum standards for the operation and performance of career technical centers that include the education quality standards adopted by the State Board under subdivision 164(9) and section 165 of this title.
(2) Standards for student performance based on the standards adopted by the State Board under subdivision 164(9) of this title and standards for industry recognized credentials.
(3) The minimum number of days of career technical instruction for each academic year.
(4) The minimum number of hours of instruction for each course of study within career technical education.
(5) The availability of remedial programs offered to students by career technical centers or by another school, agency, or program.
(6) Accounting procedures and standards, including methods for calculating tuition for career technical education.
(7) A system of equipment inventory, amortization, and maintenance.
(8) Procedures and requirements for measurement of student knowledge and skill upon entry into and exit from the career technical program. The purpose of the measurement shall be to determine student achievement in relation to the standards for academic and career technical competence as adopted under subdivision (2) of this subsection. Aggregate results shall be reported to the communities in the service region along with other items reported pursuant to subdivision 165(a)(2) of this title.
(b) The following shall be adopted by procedure or rule:
(1) competencies that graduates of each kind of career technical program should be able to demonstrate, including career technical competencies necessary for the student's intended employment;
(2) minimum admissions competencies for entrance into each career technical course of study;
(3) procedures by which the Secretary will review and comment on the employment qualifications of candidates for positions at career technical centers for whom State salary assistance will be requested;
(4) requirements for career technical centers to provide programs designed to acquaint prospective students with career technical courses of study;
(5) procedures by which the Secretary will review and approve use of course of study credits in career technical education to meet State graduation requirements;
(6) procedures, including communications with the sending school districts, to identify unique or specific circumstances relative to a student's progress or safety. (Added 1983, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1987, No. 238 (Adj. Sess.), § 1a; 1991, No. 204 (Adj. Sess.); 1997, No. 138 (Adj. Sess.), § 6, eff. April 27, 1998; 2013, No. 92 (Adj. Sess.), §§ 141, 302, eff. Feb. 14, 2014; 2015, No. 23, § 27.)